Be a part of a very special celebration of the life and music of jazz composer, author, and educator David Baker. Claim your recording now or join at any other reward level and support the recording, production, and major national release of Basically Baker Volume 2: The Big Band Music of David Baker by the Buselli-Wallarab Jazz Orchestra. Your contributions are tax deductible as funds will go to the Patois non-profit organization.
Upon release, 100% of all proceeds generated by sales of the recording will go directly to the David N. Baker Scholarship Fund.
This project seeks to fulfill two very important goals:
· To expose more people globally to the ingenious jazz composition of David Baker and
· to provide support for talented young students to study at the Jacobs School of Music Jazz Studies Program. These goals were very important to David and remain so to his family and wife, Lida.
Yes, $50,000 is a big number. Patois Records, a successful label from the Bay Area that has been responsible for producing a number of Grammy nominated recordings in recent years, has pledged full support for the album release and provide its resources for the September launch.
Some of the expenses include:
· Hiring 20+ world class musicians
· Music restoration, engraving, and copying
· Recording, editing, mixing, and mastering
· Artwork and album design
· Licensing and copyright fees
· CD production
· Radio and print promotion
· Legal fees
An added feature of this project is the rerelease of Basically Baker, Vol I. Recorded in 2005, this CD made Downbeat Magazine’s “100 best Recordings of the Decade” list in 2010. Virtually impossible to find in recent years, this amazing recording will once again be available!
We’ll give you regular updates including band personnel, tune selection, and some background into the process along the way. Check back frequently to see how everything is progressing. For all of you who knew and loved and benefited from the wisdom of David Baker, here is your chance to give back in a way that would make David very happy. Thanks for your support of this great project.
Read more her about the campaign: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/basically-baker-2#/