7pm – 7:45pm workshop
7:45pm – 8pm Q&A
8pm – 8:15pm Backline Set Up
8:15pm – 9pm Jam session (anybody is welcome to jam. Bring your instruments with you. Backline provided by BMS.)
Randy Chertkow and Jason Feehan, authors of the critically-acclaimed book The Indie Band Survival Guide, DooBeeDoo contributors and Electronic Musician Columnists, will be running a workshop to Musicians For Musicians (MFM) about how musicians can improve their income. These Chicago authors are in town speaking at Carnegie Hall for New York Music month and are making a special appearance at MFM to share new revenue ideas based on their forthcoming book, Making Money with Music, to be released September 4th, 2018 from St. Martin’s Press/Macmillan.
Chertkow and Feehan are musicians and have been writing about the tech-driven music business for over 12 years. The talk at MFM will cover the topic of money and music, which they’ve been speaking on since 2013 when they gave their first talk to the San Francisco Grammy Chapter’s Music Business Night School. They’ve since released an online course with that title, and catalogued over 250 methods to make money with music, which formed the basis for their new book.
Pre-order the book here: https://amzn.to/2KrQlin
Quote from Chertkow and Feehan:
“You can make a living with music today. The secret is to tap multiple income streams. Our book, Making Money with Music gives you over 100 revenue streams and the knowledge on how to tap them. Whether you’re a solo artist, band, DJ, EDM producer, or other musician, this book gives you strategies to generate revenue, grow your fan base, and thrive in today’s technology-driven music environment. Plus, it lists hundreds of services, tools, and critical resources you need to run your business and maximize income.”
Making Money with Music will show you:
- How to tap over 100 income streams
- 7 business strategies you can implement immediately
- How to start your music business for $0.
- How to register your music to collect all of the royalties you are owed worldwide.
- 13 ways to compete with free and build experiences to drive fan loyalty and engagement into everything you do to increase your revenue.
- 45 categories of places to get your music heard and videos seen so you can get discovered, grow your fanbase, generate royalties, and boost licensing opportunities.
- 10 methods for raising money so you can fund your music production and projects.
In this workshop, Chertkow and Feehan will share:
- Proven techniques for establishing dozens of revenue streams musicians can tap today to fund and grow their music business in today’s tech-driven environment.
- How to maximize the money made from music using today’s latest technologies while minimizing the money spent on it. This includes music business strategies, royalties, digital distribution, merchandise, patronage and crowdfunding, and more.
- This talk also includes how to start a music business for $0.