New York, NY 10023
Musicians – we have to stop being so proud of being “very independent” and realize that: We are not alone. We are connected as in group of jazz musicians or, just group of musicians. Like it or not …… it has been the “negative stigma” placed on us as a “group”. Therefore, it is necessary for us to “join together” ….for our own good. To end: let us learn how to support each other!
Wouldn’t that be great … after being taught to “fight and compete with each other?”
– Billy Harper
MFM’s President Sohrab Saadat Ladjevardi and MFM Board member Billy Harper invite you to this month’s MFM Public Musicians Forum #7,
Date: Tuesday, August 14, 2018
Time: 7pm – 9pm
Venue: Upper West Side Yeoryia Studios, 2067 Broadway, (Between 71st & 72nd Streets), New York, NY 10023, Studio name: Norma (#55, 5Fl.)
Please RSVP to sohrab@MusiciansForMusicians.org or call him at 347-963-1448.
You’re welcome to bring musicians with you, but please RSVP your guests as well. The number of chairs are limited!
Our forum will feature presentations on a variety of subjects of interest to our members especially, following speakers are invited:
- Ellie Becker (Offline – Online Strategies & Content)
- Dawoud Kringle and Ken Hatfield update about the Music Modernization Act (MMA)
- Patch Schwadron (Actors Fund)
- Mike Foschino (Live Mic)
- William B. Johnson (Professional Musician, Alicia Keyes drummer)
- Bighani (On-line Reach Out advisor)
- Sohrab (Presenting Musicians for Musicians (MFM) and Eclectix, Inc. to Present an Evening of Jazz in Support of Professional Musicians Thurs, Sept 5th)
After the presentations attendees are invited to come up with their questions or network with each other.